Tuesday 20 December 2011

Lots and Lots of Fabrics!

Well there will be come Christmas Eve!

I’ve been a bit remiss in uploading the newest fabrics in the last month or so and in this season of goodwill I ought to put that right. And so over the next five days there will be a new collection of fabrics uploaded to the website every day.

Today’s collection is the wonderful Patina Handpaints from Robert Kaufman.

7018-191
Many of you may have seen the first few fabrics at the Festival of Quilts but a few more have arrived since then including the Autumn colourway above which has a fantastic electric blue with rust.

I love to make quick and simple quilts from fabrics and this is the quilt I have designed with just one of these fabrics.

Patina handpaints hanging

Mitring the corners in the border really frames the quilt. I have to confess like most of my samples, I haven’t quilted it yet
*mental note to self “must do more machine quilting”

See you tomorrow!

Joanna


No comments: