Saturday 18 January 2014

Chiltern Quilters

I spent a lovely day today visiting Chiltern Quilters in Buckinghamshire. They meet six times a year in the village hall in Widmer End, near Hazlemere.
Today it was a UFO/Sewing day with a pot luck lunch..........can't beat a pot luck lunch! Quilters are excellent cooks as well as being pretty nifty with a needle.
 
 
I meant to take a photo of the lovely food........but left it too late!
 
I'm happy to say my wares managed to tempt them a little, with my threads
 
 
 
And fabrics, particularly the Hoffman precuts.
 
 
 
Tom and I usually work on our Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks when we go to quilt groups. He managed to finish his block today and the chair of the committee, Maureen, very kindly showed it to all the other ladies in their Show and Tell after lunch. His is on the left, I finished mine (on the right) this evening.
 
 
He always loves to tell people about what he is working on.
 
So all in all a great day!

If you would like me to bring my fabrics to your group, then please get in touch. I'm usually happy to travel within a 50 miles / hour's radius of North Herts.

Joanna
 
 

No comments: