Tuesday 14 September 2010

Oh My!

I can’t believe it has been sooo long since I posted a blog entry, maybe because so much has happened since I went to Quilt Market back in May!

My world has been turned upside down since then as my partner Steve and I have gone our separate ways. Its not easy coping when you have had your heart broken for the first time and I’m not sure it was any easier that I am 42! Life does go on though and I think I have reached that light at the end of the tunnel at last. Having a 9 year old son tends to keep you going anyhow.

The main change as a result of the break up has been that I have had to close the shop at The Olde Watermill. It was a sad decision to have to make but one that was unavoidable. The shop HAD to be open 7 days a week and it was not possible for me to do that and look after my son. So at the end of August we gradually moved everything out.

003          005

008          007

Until all that was left was an empty shell

009

The business is still going strong though online through the website which I have just revamped and also through my eBay store. I am now busy uploading all the new fabrics that were ordered back in May

Those just uploaded include 10,000 Years BC from RJR Fabrics and Elements Too from Studio E.

10,000 Years BC is a fantastic dinosaur collection featuring a 36” panel and co-ordinates

0312-01

More collections will appearing over the next week or so. The website also has bigger and better pictures of all the King Tut and Masterpiece threads which should make choosing colours easier.

 

The next quilt show will be the Scottish Quilt Championships in Edinburgh on 24-26 September. The Highland showground is just minutes from Edinburgh airport if you fancy a trip to a different quilt show than usual.

2 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

I hope to see you there, I am still waitiing for the ticvkets to arrive.

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Missing you at the Mill but will bookmark your website and Ebay shop.