Monday 3 March 2014

The Layer Cake Sampler Quiltalong

Have you heard about this on twitter or instagram?
 

It sounded like fun so I am joining in too!
 
You can find the instructions for making the blocks on the Material Girl Quilts blog. The quiltalong started a couple of weeks ago but its never too late to join in too.
All you need is a layer cake, cracker or other 10" square pack and a background fabric. You could even raid your stash and cut yourself forty 10" squares if you don't have a layer cake.
 
The basic instructions for making the HSTs can be found here together with details for making the first two blocks.
Details for making the next two blocks are released each Friday.
 
So what fabrics am I using?
 
I couldn't resist the Splash Cracker pack from Hoffman and I thought I would be a little different and use two fabrics for my background, just to make it a little bit more interesting.....
 
 
And here are my first four blocks!
 

Want to play along with me?
 
Joanna

No comments: