Wednesday 27 July 2011

Playing with New Fabrics

Just quick update to show you what I have been up to the last couple of days.

I have had quite a few deliveries in the last week and lots of inspiration has struck! So I have been busy trying to create quick quilt samples to take to the Festival of Quilts in a couple of weeks to inspire you!

The quilt I have just finished is REALLY quick to make and uses the Patina Handpaints that were delivered from Robert Kaufman last week.

Patina handpaints hanging
Its really effective isn’t it? And this is one of the less exciting colours!! Made from 1 1/2m of fabric. Hopefully I will have the instructions written up before the show and of course the fabrics will be there too………

I am now just starting something using the Florentine collection of fabrics, also from Robert Kaufman.

This is the main fabric in the collection and I have trimmed down two pattern repeats to make this the (almost) square centre of the quilt.

006

I’m thinking of a faux scalloped border next to echo the shapes in this centre piece and will be using Superior Threads method of fusible appliqué with their fusible thread. Will let you know how Ii get on!

No comments: